Friday, June 10, 2005

Book tags

Meera - this is for you! :)

Last book I bought:-
The short stories of Anton Chekhov
compiled by Robert Linscott

Last book I read:-
The Trial by Franz Kafka

Currently reading:-
1. The Short stories of Anton Chekov
2. Uncommon Wisdom: Conversations with Remarkable People by Fritjof Capra
3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
4. Discrete Mathematics with Algorithms by Albertson, Hutchinson
5. Bluetooth Demystified by Nathan J. Muller
6. Computer Networks: A Systems approach by Peterson, Davie

Books that have had an impact on me:-
- Of Human Bondage by Somerset Maugham
- Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
- The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand
- Jonathan Livingstone Seagull by Richard Bach
- Commentaries on Living by Jiddu Krishnamurthy
- The Complete Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Adventures of The Wishing Chair by Enid Blyton
______( the last two hooked me onto reading! ) ________

Total books I own:-
Lots - thanks to my GrandDad, Dad, Mom & me; the number is probably 600-800.

Some classics, fairy tales, some contemporary (pulp) fiction, prose anthologies, a medley of authors, children's books; Hindu philosophical & religious texts, Jiddu Krishnamurthy, Ayn Rand, a few Western philosophers, Osho, contemporary in-vogue gurus :) ;
Mathematics, General Science, Health, Comics, miscellaneous - biographies, history, geography, puzzles, arts & craft; and text books on Computer Science, Biology and Architecture.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Eroteme said...

Nice collection. Meera forced me into the same job too. What say we get back at her? ;-)

The one thing I notice is that some of us have plenty of books which we haven't read. Recently, I was talking to a friend of mine and suggesting that we should have reading rooms all over the city (already published in GIB). Such rooms would permit users to bring in their books and leave them there. No book leaves the rooms. Basically a social activity of gathering books and taking care of them at a central place. We could merge a coffee shop and personal music poles alongside every lounge chair or diwan, have reading sessions, etc. Not a very profitable venture in terms of tangibles (unless we have memberships and focus on the sales from the coffee shop) but I feel it is worth it.
What say?

Sat Jun 11, 03:56:00 PM 2005  
Blogger Meera said...

V-a-i-b-h-a-v! [Imagine a whistling tune] Didnt know you had so many books! Next time I am in Bangalore (which may be fairly soon, will let you know...) I am raiding your place. Beware!!! :-)

Mon Jun 13, 07:18:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Meera said...

Eroteme, I have donned my protective gear. My fangs are in place... Bring it on! :-)

Mon Jun 13, 07:19:00 AM 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apparently we share something - our whole name. I have never come across another, and google reveals only us. Just thought I'd say hi.

Fri Jul 08, 03:44:00 AM 2005  
Blogger Meera said...

Vaibhav - Whats up dude? No writing in a long long time? You alive and kicking, I hope? :-)

Fri Jul 22, 06:27:00 AM 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home