Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Speaking Tree

My restless, jittery mind has picked up several distractions in the last few hours in vain.
I have tried and discarded most of man's toys available to me.
What remains is pain, listlessness, a stark desolation.

The covers of several books stare at me from my table.
One shows a tree, its long ramified branches shorn of all leaves.
It stands in dark desperation braving the onslaught of a powdery wind.
The wind wears a blanket of snow and marauds the land.
It shows a shadowy glimpse of other trees far away,
'Are we rooted so deep that we can never come together?,' I hear the tree speak in my hallucination.
The land ahead is white but not white enough to conceal the withering decay of its soul.

The inertia of my moribund existence is terrible.
I look and I do not want to see.
I hear and I do not want to listen.
I think and I do not want to live.
My memories and my dreams meet, clash and destroy each other.
There is nothing behind and nothing beyond.
The weary, frightening path that joins the past to the future wants to fall apart but goes on and on.
'O spring, O sun, where are you?'

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Meera said...

stop writing crap!!

Mon Apr 20, 07:21:00 AM 2009  
Blogger Rahul said...

Wow, this is an awesome post...straight from the heart..Just keep moving forward, and enjoy more than ever before :)... Am adding u in my blog list for further reading ur articles!! You can add me in ur blog list too read mine if u want...My blog is http://rahul-bhattacharya.blogspot.com/

Sat Jun 06, 12:23:00 PM 2009  
Blogger Rashmi said...

Nice!
Keep writing more :)

Mon Mar 01, 04:41:00 PM 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

very informative content and i enjoyed reading your blog keep it up.
Cheap Flights to Dubai | Flights to Dubai | Tickets to Hong Kong | Flights to Hong Kong | Cheap Flights to Hong Kong | Cheap Flights to Kuala Lumpur | Flights to Kuala Lumpur

Sat Oct 01, 11:05:00 AM 2011  

Post a Comment

<< Home